Changes in 4.5.7a (client-side):The Windows and Linux clients now contain an update tool named 'TomeNET-Updater'!
This is a little graphical tool that just has three buttons for your convenience:
1.) Update the actual game client itself.
2.) Install or update the sound pack.
3.) Install or update the music pack.
Note that 7-zip must be installed in order to use this updater. Get it from http://www.7-zip.org
The Linux client additionally requires GTK to be installed.
- 'lighterDarkBlue' setting (in .tomenetrc) has been fixed for GCU-clients.
- A glitch has been fixed that would cause a fallback-song to be played when a line in music.cfg had been commented out with ';'.
- Common actions like recharging or enchanting should allow specifying items by name fine now, fixed a glitch where this was not possible with the 'Recharge' spell.
- The character overview screen (right after logging in with account crecedentials) now displays the location of each of your characters.
- The magic device skill description displayed in 'C' screen now scales a bit differently to better reflect the character's ability to use them ('excellent' and higher don't show up very early on).
- Rogue-like key set users can now use CTRL+G to apply auto-inscriptions, which is 'H' key in the normal key set.
- It's now possible to inscribe and uninscribe items from within the lore screens, making it easy to cheeze-inscribe your true artifacts.
- A glitch with ambient sfx has been fixed that could cause an sfx to be played in the wrong place (mostly fireplace sfx being played outside of an inn).
- The monster kill list (~2) now displays monster levels too.
- Monster lore (~7) no longer lists multi-hued/any-hued monsters when searching for monsters denoted by a violet character (eg '!vv' vs '!vM' vs '!vm').
- A glitch in artifact lore (~6) has been fixed that caused mess-ups and wrong artifact names due to artifacts not having descriptive text lines.
- Targetting method 'g)' (in the macro wizard) should now work as described there.
For server-side changes see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7&p=1846#p1846